welcome to my world

TABITHA EMMA HAS MOVED, you can now find me at
tabithaemma.com/blog

Sydney designer, illustrator and collector.

18.1.10

things in matchboxes

matchbox

matchbox

matchbox

matchbox




Such a beautiful concept, putting little things in decorated matchboxes. Something so simple, yet so fun and sure to put a smile on someones face. The last two images are from The matchbox project, which is a project undertaken by a Sydney girl, who, each week, takes a decorated matchbox with a tiny present hidden inside, and leaves it somewhere in her travels. It's a random act of semi-artistic kindness aimed at disrupting someone's day in a tiny but positive way. I love it.

The top image is from Fine little day, who received this lovely little 'wish star' from Maartje. I also highly reccommend reading Fine Little Day, her blog is delightful.

The second image is from Abigail Brown who creates the most gorgeous little textile animals. Including these ever so sweet matchbox birds.

3 comments:

renee anne said...

thank you tabi for your super sweet comment on my laptop series. means a lot to me.

p.s. I am loving your posts, each new one I am delighted with the wonderful things you find. So nicely curated.

xxx

tabitha said...

thanks renee, been trying to blog a bit more, i got a bit lazy last year

Anonymous said...

so so cute! i love it!